Friday, February 06, 2009

braced

All week this week, I've been dragging my butt around. I talked to a co-worker this morning and she's felt the same way. We both think that we've had a weird flu bug of sorts. Partly it could be that we've had extremely cold weather here this week but I don't think it's entirely down to the weather. Last night and this morning, I was having aches and pains in my joints and was really uncomfortable. It's not so bad now that I'm at work and have been moving around but I was feeling really crappy about it last night.

In fact, I felt so crappy about it that I really wanted to indulge in something "bad" to make myself feel better. Fortunately, we didn't have any bad stuff in the house. After work last night, we stopped off to do a quick shop at the grocery store. While we were there, we stuck to our list and bought mostly fresh ingredients so our meals will continue to be amazing, veggie filled events. I did pick up a couple of veggie frozen pizzas. I love pizza and figured that having a frozen pizza in the house will help when I get those cravings. They are less fatty than the one we like to order from our neighbourhood pizzeria not to mention they are much smaller. I wanted to buy a package of whole wheat crusts but they didn't have any so I opted for the frozen version, if you're wondering. The other thing I got for myself (trying to think ahead instead of reacting always) were a couple of bags of rice cake chip things. I know that I'm heading into a particularly hormonal time of the month and I may need something salty. They should help. I know I should try to avoid the sale entirely but that's not going to happen (not yet anyway) so I figure it's better to control the fat and the portion. Again, baby steps right.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about the weekend but I'm trying to remain focused on the long term. Overall, I think my choices have been much better than they were last week. All I can do is keep improving that every week and know that I'll feel better for it in the long run.

What do you do to avoid those evening and weekend temptations?

2 comments:

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Great job sticking to your list. I know how hard it can be to walk through the store and only get what you have planned. I haven't quite gotten to the point where I can do this but I am doing so much better then I used to. I have found it is so hard going to the grocery store and buying healthy food on a small budget.
Good luck this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I like yogurt and fat/sugar free choc. pudding with sugar free cool whip on it. Yummy and not so bad for you.