Tuesday, February 10, 2009

like water for chicken

My poor hunny is a migraine sufferer. Recently, because of the crazy weather he's been suffering with them more frequently than normal. Yesterday he had one so when he picked me up from work he feeling better but beaten up. He'd gone home in the morning and slept for a little while.

We had a couple of errands to do and after we were finished them and were on our way home, the "what will we have for dinner" discussion started. Now, my hunny is a chef so he's looks after most of our meals. Sometimes when he's recovering from a headache he gets some odd cravings. Last night, it was chicken. He's not a fan of chicken for the most part (he eats it but you know...). It wasn't just chicken though, he kept talking about fried chicken. This was very strange. He is really not a fan of fried chicken. Anyway, he kept talking about it and talking about it and we ended up eventually in the drive thru of the local KFC. It wasn't the best thing in the world to have had for dinner but it did make him feel better. I had a bowl thing (so did he) and we shared some popcorn chicken. I did notice that I was full really quickly and didn't feel like snacking at all in the evening. I suppose that's a good thing huh? Usually "fast food" leaves me wanting more.

This morning, not intentionally, I have avoided coffee at work (and the yummy looking carrot cake someone brought in) and have been drinking a lot of water. Dinner was a bit salty last night so that may be why I've been wanting water. Less than stellar food choices aside, overall I feel better right now than I did two weeks ago so I think I'm on the right path.

1 comment:

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

I think you are doing great. Especially since you passed up the carrot cake. I don't think I could have been that strong. Keep up the good work!