Monday, February 09, 2009

I survived!

I ate no chocolate this weekend.

I did not bake muffins (it would have been a silly thing to do for me - I think I would have eaten too many of them and they still wouldn't have been chocolate).

I did snack on my rice cake type snack items on Friday night and yesterday afternoon. We did order a pizza for a late lunch / early dinner on Saturday and I had salad with it. It was a fair compromise for having a little bit of greasy stuff. I did have some leftovers yesterday too but overall, it could have been much worse.

The weekend really was all about food. Me thinking about wanting something I really shouldn't have (or at least not have too much of or have too often) and then getting busy doing something else so I'd stop thinking about it. Distractions can work to help with cravings, I think.

While part of me wanted to stay home today and play with the dogs, the other (bigger) part of me is glad to be back at work and into my routine. Routine is the very best friend of a person who has food issues!!

3 comments:

Becky Fyfe said...

Great job on battling the chocolate craving!

A Diva On a Diet said...

Chocolate cravings can be a monster so I eat jello pudding cups, the sugar free brand. They are only 60 calories and a few carbs and a few grams of fat. totally worth it. try it... good job this weekend, work is great for routine...this is your week, seize it!

Shrinking Girl said...

Thanks for the tip about the pudding cups. I had them on my list to pick up but we never made it to the store over the weekend. I know that right now, I'm just totally hormonal but that this will pass soon and hopefully it'll take the choco-cravings with it.