Wednesday, February 11, 2009

wednesday wrap-up - week 1

This week was really the first full week I can report on. Overall, I have to say that I feel good about how things went. In the past, I've jumped into this with both feet and white knuckled things. I've overcontrolled my portions and that created a raging craving monster inside of me. This time, I'm not being as hard on myself. As I mentioned last week, I'm concerned more with content than portion size (they seem to go hand in hand though). I know that I've eaten far less food this week than I have in a long time. I also know that the food I did eat was of a higher quality (more nutritious, less crap-filled) and that I'm feeling better physically because of these better choices.

So, having said all of that, here's my weekly wrap-up:

summary - week ending February 11
  • again with the small stuff - I took my vitamins every day over the past week and I drank a butt load of water. I did have some diet soda on the weekend but not nearly as much as I normally would
  • posted here, almost every day - I took one day off over the weekend - this journal keeps me accountable to myself and I like sharing what I struggle with, and what works, with you
  • continued to avoid treats while at work. yesterday, a wonderful coworker brought in some carrot cake. it looks and smells delicioius and it was very nice of her to bring it in but I feel good about having not indulged in even a small piece
  • once again, my exercise was mostly stuff involving the dogs and some walking. I feel like I need to create a solid exercise plan now that I'm feeling better about my eating
  • hopped on the scale this morning for the first time in a long while. I wasn't impressed but also wasn't shocked by what I saw. I know that the next time I hop on it, it'll be a smaller number

2 comments:

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

I am also working on starting an exercise routine. Why does it seem so hard to do? I just have to make time and make sure I do it. Good luck with this coming week.

Anonymous said...

What a great week you had, you were faced with temptation and avoided it! You stuck to your plan and that's a great accomplishment. Good for you!!!