Monday, February 23, 2009

no remorse

Friday night, before we went home, we stopped for groceries. My hunny had driven past the store on his way to pick me up and he commented that it was really busy there. As much as I would have liked to have put it off, I knew that if we didn't go on our way home, we may go home, order a pizza for dinner and that would start the weekend off on a bad foot.

The store was really busy but we got through it pretty quickly. We stocked up on lots of healthy snacks. Once again, almost no packaged food was in our buggy, just stuff from the outside aisles of the store.

Over the weekend, the nagging hunger pretty much stayed away. On Saturday night, because we'd not been out to dinner in over a week (which is very good for us!), we decided to go out for sushi. It's an all you can eat place but you order from the menu. We've been there before and really enjoy it. I had my favourite salad (with deliciously fresh avocados) and we ordered lots of sushi. It was super filling and very satisfying but I was still jonesing for chocolate after dinner.

On the way home, we stopped off at the drug store so I could get a chocolate bar. that's right, I broke down. It was so good. And I didn't eat the whole thing that night. I savoured every bite and enjoyed some of it yesterday too. I realize now that rather than make myself insane trying to feed a craving with something else, it's better for me to indulge in a small amount of the real thing, just once in a while. I think I'm good on the chocolate front for a while now. I'm glad that I waited as long as I did but I don't feel badly about finally giving in.

6 comments:

Becky Fyfe said...

You really can't make any one food taboo. Moderaton is the key.

Dina said...

I had the same revelation after a couple months. If I REALLY want something, it's just better to have it, then to try to fill up with celery, or cereal. Because then I eat that PLUS what I wanted to start out with :)

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

If that works for you, go for it! Best wishes to you.

Becky Fyfe said...

Sounds like you're doing great! :)

Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like you had a break down to me, it sounds like you enjoyed something in moderation the smart way!

Anonymous said...

Go for it girl!