Tuesday, February 03, 2009

observation

So yesterday, when I "restarted" things, I decided to worry less about how much I was eating and to focus on what I was putting into my mouth.

See, this comes from us being on a weird eating streak lately. You know how things can typically fall apart over the holiday season? You have the best of intentions but the fudge always looks better than the celery, right? Well once we got back into our post-holiday routine, we just never got straight again. Through the week it wasn't too bad (although I think we were eating out more often than was sensible some weeks) but the weekends were terrible. Junk. Chips and salty snacks, cookies, just bad stuff and too much of it.

Anyway, I realized yesterday that I eat too much of it because it's not satisfying so it takes more of it to feel it. Yesterday, eating no junk, consuming only non-junk food, I wasn't hungry. I didn't feel like I needed second helpings of anything because I was satisfied. As time goes along, I will reduce my portions I think but for now, I'm just happy to not be snacking on crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an eye opener your post was. I never thought about why you keep craving sweets in that way. Makes since though. I'm also crazy about veggies and chicken, but I don't crave them like I do chocolatey, creamy stuff. It's more satisfying. Thanks for a great post!!

Lori said...

Exactly - the more you eat junk, the more you crave it.
The more you eat healthy, the more you will want to eat like that.
Sometimes a calorie is not just a calorie.