Friday, August 18, 2006

floating

good afternoon kids.

A while ago, I booked today off. I booked off next Friday too. I figured that if I couldn't (due to work commitments) take a week of in August, at least I could shoot for a couple of long weekends.

This morning I slept in a bit and then puttered around the house, continuing with my cleaning crusade. It's been good. Slowly, I'm getting the house sorted out, parts of it are actually sparkling. It's nice.

This afternoon, I spent some quality time floating in the pool. It was cloudy here all morning and I didn't know if it would warm up enough for swimming but it cleared up around mid-day. yay.

Also, I can report that yesterday was another 100% perfectly on plan day. Today is shaping up much the same way. The busy hands thing seems to be working for me. Once the house is all clean, I'll probably dig out my crocheting. I think my problem in the evenings is from just plain old boredom. We hunker down for an hour or so of TV and I start thinking about snacking. I think I'll try to get back into some crafty projects (I have a bunch of Christmas ornaments half done - I started them for gifts a while ago) to keep myself busy. Again, it's the habit thing. If watching TV has gotten me into a habit of mindless eating, I need to make different habits of either cleaning or working on something.

Slowly, it'll work for me. I know it will, it has before. Right now I'm just taking one day at a time and making baby steps. I feel good about things right now though, which is the main thing, right?

3 comments:

Mojo said...

I'd love to see any projects that you make! I think you are on to something about keeping busy. I still find myself looking in the kitchen for something when I have nothing to do.

Denise said...

It's all about establishing new, healthier habits, which you're doing. It's also about better (or less bad) than you were yesterday. You're totally on track and it comes through in each word you write!

*Christie* said...

Hey hun, sounds like you are doing well!

I have a new blog at http://letsseewhathappens1.blogspot.com