Friday, August 11, 2006

oh wow, it's Friday!!

Despite being a little tired from TOM and two late nights in a row, I've a couple of decently productive days at work. Things on my "to do" list aren't necessarily getting attention but I have been working on a massive clean-up/organize project that I've been wanting to get at for ages. I've been sorting through tonnes of old papers, tossing some, shredding others, putting the rest of it neatly into binders. It's looking good, much better than it did. Also, if I happen to get hit by a bus or win the lotto, someone would now be able to sit at my desk and actually find anything that they needed to.

on snacking

So last night, we had dinner very early. It was really yummy and satisfying but, I think because we ate quite early and we had eaten quite late the previous two nights, I was hungry by 6:30 p.m. Not the kind of hungry where you are actually bored, but actually super growling tummy hungry. I grabbed a granola bar, because the ones we get will actually, usually, fill me quite well. That was good for about 15 minutes. Eventually, after three cups of water, I broke down and microwaved some popcorn. Fortunately, that satisfied me. It is at times like that, when I'm really glad that we don't keep cookies or ice cream in the house anymore. I'd have been right into it last night ~shiver~

This weekend I should be better able to control myself. We've got a few things planned which will keep us busy. Also, TOM is almost over so the snacking thing usually subsides when it's gone. The past few days have been a bit of a struggle but I'm feeling much better about things now.

3 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

mmm pop corn and granola bars. I am more prone to snack when sleepy.

Twisted Cinderella said...

I am having TOM issues too! it sucks doesn't it? And I weigh in tomorrow and I know TOM brought extra water weight. Ugh.

lainb said...

the snack bag size of popcorn have "rescued" me several times.