Tuesday, August 22, 2006

walk the walk

So last night, after work, I walked a bit. Well, more than a bit, more than I should have in "bad sandals." I was wearing cheapie shoes and shouldn't have ventured too far but my hunny was running late so, rather than sit around like third base waiting for him to pick me up, I started walking. I got him on the phone and asked which direction he'd be coming in (because I'm never sure) and I started hoofing it. I must admit, it felt really terrific when I was doing it but later on in the evening, my left foot was a little sore. Cheap shoes and walking on concrete don't really mix. Today, again with the cheap shoes (what can I say, they are cute and it's summer!). I went out a couple of times during the day, on very short, work-related errands in similarly bad shoes. Tonight, I'm really hobbling. Tomorrow, it's back to the doc marten sandals for a couple of days. The nice thing was though, the actual walking / cardio part of the whole thing felt really good.

I didn't get on the bike this morning because I slept in a tiny bit and had to be at work a little earlier than normal. It's okay though, I figure that the walks in cheap shoes are a good substitute. Even if I can do the bike thing every other day for the first little bit, that's a lot better than I have been doing.

So, the food thing is getting easier, more like a good habit than a bad one. The exercise thing is starting, slowly I know but still, starting is better than stalling. So yeah, the week is off to a good start for me.

2 comments:

...jus me said...

good for you...and every bit of exercise is important, even if it is in "cheap shoes"! Good for you!

Unknown said...

Good job! Keep it up!