Monday, August 14, 2006

ugh

LOG gave us a scare over the weekend. On Friday afternoon, we had a call from the long term care facility (where he receives long term care) that he had had a stroke, or so they thought, and did we want him to go to hospital. We told them no, that we'd rather wait until he saw a doctor where he was. As it turns out, he had a big time UTI and once they got some anti-biotics into him, he rallied 'round. He was basically pretty out of it for several days. We saw him Saturday afternoon and he was up and eating lunch in the dining room and being a joker and somewhat his normal self.

The whole "is he okay or are we planning a funeral" thing loomed heavy over us on Friday night and Saturday morning. On Friday night, in a stressed out situation, we went to the Chinese buffet to drown our sorrows. In the end, we didn't actually eat too badly. We both became full rather quickly and I didn't even have fruit for dessert. Looking at our plates, we realized that we both ate less (and had primarily non-fried stuff) than we had when we ordered in a couple of weeks ago. So now we know that we can go to a buffet, once in a while, and not overindulge. I'm glad about this because I really like the variety that a buffet offers. I now can be one of those folks who just has a little bit of what she wants and is happy with that.

Having said that, I did have a couple of things over the weekend that I probably shouldn't have: doritos and chocolates. I guess it was partly worry about LOG and TOM really fucking me up on Friday. I just stopped caring for an hour or so and ate some crispy crunches and nacho flavoured doritos. I also messed my back up yesterday so I've been moving really slowly. I think it's partly stress about LOG and partly being overtired. Last week was really busy for us and I didn't get nearly as much sleep as I should have. That was a mistake.

This week I'm going to take better care of myself. Eating today has been 100% on plan so far and tonight I plan to do some big time stretching to try to sort my back out. I'm going to get into the pool too. If I'm going to get ahead of it, I need to keep moving.

So that was my weekend. Not super good but not horrible either. Chocolate and doritos aside, anytime that I can get through the weekend without having to call a funeral home is okay in my books.

4 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...

Stress is so hard on healthy eating

I am glad he's okay though

rdhdprincess said...

Stress does me in every time. Glad to hear that LOG is doing better. That is so scary. Good luck!

lainb said...

buffet's can defintitely be danger zones so that's a huge success!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds like a stressful time. But I am glad that he is okay.