Monday, August 21, 2006

SE 07A

I was a little surprised just now, when I took my yogurt out of my lunch bag and noticed that the "best before" date on it was September. How is possible that it's almost the end of August, already!!??

In recent weeks, since my big re-start, I've not done too well with the intentional exercise part of things. I wanted to focus on nutrition and ease back into the moving of my butt. Given the lapses that I've suffered, it's not surprising that I'm stalled at 7 pounds down. This morning, I got my ass in gear again and rode my bike for a short ride. I had decided last night that I would get up this morning and give it a go. I woke up before the alarm, which is surprising on a Monday. When the alarm did go off, I hopped out of bed and into my workout stuff. Before my hunny had made his breakfast, I was done my ride. I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't tough. I was really sweating up a storm and I only rode 3.5 miles but still, it felt good to do it. My thighs are a little sore right now but it isn't a bad thing at all.

Over the weekend, my long weekend, I ate pretty well. We did have pizza for dinner last night but we ordered a smaller size than we normally would and there are leftovers. We're going to have the leftovers tonight with salad for dinner. Who knew!? I did go over a small amount (less than 100 calories of what I think I should be having) in calories on Saturday and Sunday but I'm okay with that. It rained a fair bit on Saturday and Sunday so I didn't get into the pool at all. Instead, I continued with my cleaning jag. The house has never looked so good, I swear. There are still some biggish things to do in the kitchen but right now, all surfaces are gleaming and every corner of the house has seen the vacuum. I even had all of the laundry done, ironed and put away by noon yesterday. My hunny worked on some carpentry projects that he'd been putting off too. We accomplished a lot over the weekend and didn't just park ourselves in front of the television with a giant bag of chips.

It's still not easy, I don't know if it ever will be. It's easier though, easier than last week was anyway.

1 comment:

FatMom said...

Wow, look at you, SG! Good for you getting back into the swing of things! Congrats on the smaller pizza WITH leftovers! Pizza is my fave...you're awesome!