Thursday, August 17, 2006

it's getting better

Writing out my frustrations yesterday really helped me. Admittedly, I'm still having some cravings but I'm talking myself out them.

Yesterday ended up as it began, perfectly on plan. After dinner, inspired partly by an old episode of "how clean is your house" and partly by a need to keep my hands busy, I started cleaning the house. I actually started before dinner, ate, and then continued after our meal.

I figure that if I clean something whenever I feel like snacking, it won't take me too long to get my house really really clean. Mentally, I have made a little list of rather gross projects which I have been avoiding. It should take me a little while to get through that list, in addition to my regular cleaning. All of this should keep me too busy to snack. Last night, for example, I scoured the oven top, scrubbed the master bath floor and washed the kitchen floor. I also did some dusting and hoovering. If I have to substitute one habit with another, I guess it's better to make it a good habit, right? Also, I figured that the more cleaning I did last night, more time I would have over the weekend to be out in the pool. Smart huh?

So, today, so far I'm 100% on plan again. As I type this, my office mates are enjoying a Greek take-away and I'm sitting at my desk, eating a banana. I don't mind though, I feel much better about things today than I did yesterday. The weekend will still be a struggle but I don't feel quite as overwhelmed today as I did before.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, how awesome are you that you've managed to clean your house AND be good to your body all at once??? I need to do more cleaning and less eating, too!

Askazombiehousewife said...

Congrats
The banna sounds good

I need to clean my house LOL if only you lived close by LOL
you could clean mine instead of snack.

Twisted Cinderella said...

I do that sometimes, clean instead of eating I mean. Hey whatever it takes to keep my mind busy instead of my mouth full. LOL

Nicole said...

Way to go! In addition to not snacking, you're also getting in some extra exercise and a clean house!