Wednesday, August 16, 2006

wednesday wrap-up - week 4

The past week has been really challenging for me. Unfortunately, I'm losing the challenges. I don't know why but I have felt constant hunger for a week now. This actually started on Friday when we had the thing with LOG. He's fine (well, he's not dead or in a coma) so why can't I snap out of this.

My head is all over the place and my stomach is screaming at me, "feed me!!" all the time. I can start out the day okay but the evenings are where things start to fall apart. Daytime is always easier because I bring my food for the day with me from home. It's all measured out. It's "good" food. Fresh, healthy things. For whatever reason, all I can think about is cake and candy and chips. Well, when I'm at home anyway. I've been snacking a lot in the evenings. I'm not happy about it when I'm doing it, I know I should stop and yet, I don't. It's like I don't want to and I guess I don't or I wouldn't do it. What's wrong with my head? I need to figure that out and deal with this. I hate this.

I know that there is not a magic bullet or an easy solution to this but sometimes, like right now, I really wish that there was. Anyway, it's a new week. Let's take a look at last week... here's my weekly wrap-up:

summary - week ending August 15
  • I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week - I even remembered on the weekend! At least I did something good for myself this week!!
  • once again, this one was not a problem - I met my daily water intake goal all week!
  • gave into all kinds of stupid little cravings this week, including chocolate and dorito cravings
  • continued to post here every work-day since my re-start
  • fitday tracking has been hit and miss. Some days I've recorded everything and others I've missed completely.
  • Don't ask me how but I maintained this week. Maybe it was being sick that helped out. I really need to get my butt in gear.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we all wish there was a magic bullet! Good luck and keep at it!

Nicole said...

I have problems at home sometimes too (when I'm in a "hungry" mood). To help with it I usually go to bed early or try to keep myself otherwise occupied. Otherwise I'll just keep looking for things to shove in my mouth. Ugh. Good luck getting rid of the hungries.

Have you considered changing what you're eating a little? Sometimes when I have the hungries for a period of time it's because my body wants sometimes else (and I'm not talking about goodies).

Askazombiehousewife said...

Why not plan for some snacks ar night?

This might sound weird put out some 8 ounce yogurts in the freezer overnight. They are harder than a brick and take a longer time to eat. You can even mix a TBS of coco powdered before you freeze it. I don’t think chocolate and lime work, but orange, lemon, cherry and strawberry I like.
How about chocolate suckers but buy them one at a time. Suckers take a long time to eat.

Also small bags of light micrerave popcorn, bulky veggies.

lainb said...

Unfortunately, we all have a little evil part of us that wants to sabotage our weight loss efforts...even though the other good part of us wants badly to practice healthy behaviors. This evil part of us likes that "comfort zone" and doesn't want us to change...it likes status quo. I think the "magic bullet" is to recognize which "part" of us is talking and to realize that WE have control over our actions...and that little evil voice does NOT have control over us!

Mimi C said...

This week we have been snacking on frozen grapes after dinner. I too blow my day by shoveling it in between 7 and bedtime. Frozen grapes take forever to eat. Frozen watermelon works also.