Thursday, August 03, 2006

mmmmmmm

You can almost breathe outside right now. It's been overcast all day today and the humidex is only 28 (down from 43 yesterday!). I just walked back to the office from a training session and by the time I got back to my desk I was all sweaty. It's a gross feeling, the heavy air and moisture. At least I didn't feel like passing out. The hot hot heat we'd been experiencing made me dizzy sometimes.

Dinner last night ended up being Chinese takeaway. We didn't get anything that was deep fried but it was still a little heavy. It was delicious, but I ate a little more than I should have. My appetite was crazy because we ended up eating so late. Here's what we had:

wednesday night dinner - Chinese takeaway


I'm glad that we took this route though. My hunny really wanted to go to a local buffet but I knew that given the day I'd had, and how late it was getting, it would be bad. I'd be tempted into "just one piece" of general tao's delicious chicken and then it'd be over. Oh and they have brownies there too. No, it was much safer to stay home and eat curried veggies and chicken lo mein. I think that it was a good compromise. If it hadn't have been so damned hot last night, I probably would have gone for a bowl of soup at my favourite noodle soup joint but I really didn't want to venture back outside once I got home.

Now today, back on track, 100%. Hopefully the weather is going to get better and it'll not be too hot to be outside. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more moderate weather and eagerly counting the hours until the weekend starts.

1 comment:

Askazombiehousewife said...

I had chinese too a few days ago but mine was fried.