Wednesday, August 09, 2006

wednesday wrap-up - week 3

So the long weekend didn't go quite as well as the previous weekend had. I still recorded everything I ate but to be honest, there were a couple of less than stellar choices that I had to record. We had some pizza at one point and there was some mindless snacking in between floating around the pool on Saturday and Sunday. I was really really jonesing for some chocolate and rather than eat a giant bag of Mars bars, I had chocolate pop tarts instead. They didn't really do it for me but they were surely better than diving, headfirst into a big honking bulk-barn bag of chocolate bars.

Having said that, I know that the too much snacking and pizza lapse were both hormonally induced. My period finally started (properly) yesterday and I'm feeling better in some ways, worse in others. Obviously, I'm a little crampy and crabby but I'm glad that the crap cravings have ceased. I'm not too happy with myself but I'm not going to beat myself either. I'm working really hard at removing guilt from all of this. Feeling bad about doing "bad" things is just going to make me feel worse. If I get to feeling really shitty, I have a better shot at justifying more crap. It's a bad cycle, isn't it?

Anyway, it's a new week. Let's take a look at last week... here's my weekly wrap-up:

summary - week ending August 8
  • I finally got around to doing my weeding, I also got a little bit of walking in last week. It's not the same as regular daily exercise but it's something.
  • I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week - I even remembered on the weekend!
  • once again, this one was not a problem - I met my daily water intake goal all week!
  • with pizza came some diet root beer so I wasn't exactly carbonation free this week, close but not quite.
  • I gave into my chocolate cravings and indulged in some pop tarts on the weekend. not smart!
  • continued to post here every work-day since my re-start
  • tracked every morsel of food I've eaten, at fitday - good and bad.
  • Fortunately, I maintained this week. When my period is out of the way, I'm hoping that I'll get back to losing again. I'm stuck at 7 pounds down in three weeks

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Just keep up the great work. Little backslides are just that - you know what you need to do, and you can do it!

Please swing by my blog and leave a birthday comment for my friend Coleman!

Thanks!

...jus me said...

So why are you trying to be carbonation free? I am curious cuz I think it causes me a lot of grief. I think you did pretty well this week. Keep it up!

lainb said...

looks like a pretty darn successful week!

Askazombiehousewife said...

I wasn't perfect today either :-)


I also had half of English muffin and cheese. I got stuff to make ice cream and cookies. My husband made it I enjoyed. Was made with half and half instead of cream so it was lighter than it could have been. The store was out of some of the the stuff we needed to make Want to try to make frozen yogurt soon.

The closest thing to pizza I had was this large cracker it's bread sized with cheese melted on top .