Wednesday, August 02, 2006

wednesday wrap-up - week 2

Wherever you are, I hope that you're not caught up in the heat wave that we are experiencing here. It's just gross outside. To make matters worse, my office is like a sauna. We have a couple of portable a/c units but they really just take part of the humidity out of the air. On a normal summer day, our office is quite cool but today, and yesterday, they just cannot keep up. At one point, I had to go visit some colleagues down the hall to catch my breath (they have a similar unit but they are in a much smaller office so it's more comfortable).

Tonight, my hunny was running late so he picked me up an hour later than normal from work. We still haven't had dinner (just got home about 20 minutes ago) and we're having that discussion. Have you had this one? The "hey it's too hot to cook and we've had salad for 6 nights in a row so let's go out..." discussion. At the moment, shock horror, I don't even feel like eating. In a half-hour or so, I will but right now, I don't want to think about it. We're also at the mercy of a friend right now who is dropping something off here.

To sum up, I'm tired. I did not sleep well last night and the heat today has just wrung me out. I also think that my period is just about ready to start. I'm glad about that but I'm also feeling a little fragile just at the moment. Oh well, "suck it up buttercup," right?

Anyway, what you've all been waiting for, here's my weekly wrap-up:

summary - week ending August 1
  • again with the fucking hot stuff, the only intentional exercise I have done (7 out of 7 days!) is in our new pool. While in the pool, I've done some resistance work. Last week, I'd hoped that this week would be better, that the humidity would break...uh yeah, that didn't happen! This weekend though, no matter what, I have major weeding and yard work to do and I'm going to do it, even if I have to be outside at 5:30 a.m. weeding with a flashlight.
  • I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week - I even remembered on the weekend!
  • met daily water intake goal all week! The heat sure helps to motivate me to keep my liquids up.
  • Except for one diet orange soda on Sunday, I avoided carbonated beverages all week!!
  • When I splurged on a "treat" on Friday night, I indulged in whole grain granola bars and not chips or chocolate.
  • continued to post here every work-day since my re-start
  • tracked every morsel of food I've eaten, at fitday - good and bad.
  • I am officially down 3 pounds from my last weigh-in. That's 7 pounds in two weeks for those of you keeping track

3 comments:

chrissie said...

That is AWESOME!

lainb said...

Congrats on the loss!! You're doing fantastic!

Denise said...

Good for you - congrats, Peg!!!