Thursday, February 03, 2005

day 32 - surprising myself

This week has gone quite well so far. I seem to have a handle on my eating again, the house is free of bad treats and full of good ones. It's simple I know, but it makes such a difference. Even if I don't want something, if it's junky and I know it's in the house, I'll want to eat it. Sick huh?? When it's not in the house though, I don't think about it at all and I'm quite happy to snack on raw veggies or fruit.

My progress on the recumbent bike this week has been a surprise to me. Yesterday, I hit a record breaking (for me!) 7.25 miles on the interval program I've been doing this week. Today, I managed 7.33 miles. I won't say that I didn't feel it because I truly did but boy, the distance was shocking to me. I now know that 35 miles is within my grasp!! My plan is to stick to 35 miles a week for the next two weeks. After that, I'll move up to 37 and eventually 40. I'd love to be riding 8 miles a day. I looked over my spreadsheet at home (I'm using it to track my distance for the Going Nowhere Challenge) and was quite pleased to see that I've gone from a little more than 4 miles a day in early January to over 7 in just a month. Yay, me!!

No comments: