Tuesday, February 15, 2005

day 44 - week seven

Did you have a happy Valentine's Day? Yesterday is a total blur to me. It's a good thing that we don't really celebrate February 14 at my house. If we did, boy howdy, would folks ever be disappointed. I worked 10 hours yesterday, straight through, no breaks. I know some folks do that every day but the pace was not something that I have to deal with on a regular basis. I'm happy to report though that we completed 200+ deliveries yesterday, in the freezing rain, and no one had an accident or was injured in anyway. Brain-dead doesn't begin to describe how I feel today. We have about 70 more deliveries tomorrow and once that's over, I'll feel better. I know it. I was so tired last night that I dreamed about delivery slips and spreadsheets. It was not pretty.

Over the course of the past few days, my eating was not good. I can blame it on not feeling well, PMS hiding around the corner and work-stress but ultimately, I have to blame myself for making bad choices. Turning to food in times of duress is something I need to work on constantly. Having said that, I'm drinking tonnes of water today, I exercised yesterday and today and I'm eating a fat free blueberry yogurt as I type this. I guess all that matters is making sure that I can honestly say that I've done more healthy than unhealthy things for my body this week. That is true, when I step back from things and look at what I did last week. I hope to improve on that this week.

A day late, I know, but here's my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week 6
  • on the days I rode, I maintained my 7 miles plus distance. I rode 4 out of 5 weekdays (normally I do 5) because of the snowstorm we had this week. The day I missed, my workout was shovelling out. I'm happy to report that the shovelling continues to get easier as time goes by.
  • for the fourth week in a row, I took my vitamins every single day, even over the weekend
  • met daily calorie intake goal 4 out of 7 days
  • either ate way too much or just had too much fat 3 days out of 7 days
  • met daily water intake goal 7 out of 7 days
  • intentionally exercised 6 out of 7 days
  • thankfully maintained this week. I'm not sure how that happened exactly but I'm relieved. It's not the two pound loss I was aiming for but then, who knew that the week would go colossally to shit on Thursday.

No comments: