Tuesday, February 22, 2005

day 51 - 200 miles

This week, I'm trying to eat more. I think that I got seduced by chocolate brownies and easter eggs last week because I hadn't brought enough healthy food with me to work. I've brought extra fruit a couple of rice cakes with me today. If I have tasty, healthier food with me, I shouldn't get distracted by the stuff I want to only have once in a while. Personally, I don't think that there is anything wrong with having a brownie or a piece of chocolate now and then. Everyday is a problem though, for me anyway.

Today I broke 200 miles. Since January 3 I have peddled more than 200 miles. I said it twice (a la Fred Elliott) because I surprises me. Pleasantly mind you, but still. That's a lot of miles. It makes me realize that the goal I set, of 500 miles by my birthday in mid-May, is achievable. I was having my doubts for a while. I realized that there isn't any goal that I can't reach; I just have to want to reach it. Right now, I want to reach it. I want to beat it actually. We'll see what happens.

No comments: