Tuesday, February 08, 2005

day 37 - chocolatey thoughts

Last week, all week long, there were little tiny chocolate bars floating around the office. They were nestle minis so I kept seeing little miniature versions of Aero bars, one of my favourites. Friday night, we're flaked out on the bed, watching tv before bed and all I could think of were Aero bars. I said to my hunny, "I'd kill for an Aero bar right about now. It's not the chocolate I want, it's the bubbles. There aren't any calories in the bubbles, right?" He looked over at me and said, "Not really. I'd could eat one too, good thing we don't have any in the house." I scrunched up my nose and said, "Yeah, and farting into a bowl of melted chocolate chips isn't quite the same, is it?" The two of us started laughing and before I knew it, the craving was gone.

Right now I have a tiny, heart-shaped box of Russell Stover chocolate sitting on my desk. They are wrapped but they are taunting me. I can tell by the size of the box that there are probably 4 or 5 chocolates in it. It's been sitting on my desk since Thursday. I'm not sure why I don't give them away. I'm not craving chocolate or anything but today, the box and I have been having a stare-off.

Eating was 100% on plan yesterday. Today is shaping up to be the same. I did another 7+ mile ride this morning. I'm really feeling it in my thighs when I get to the half-way mark now. Next week, I'm going to start mixing up the interval program, I'll try a different one each day and see how far I can go on each one. This week, because I'm not suffering from a food-hangover (like last week), I'm feeling much better after exercise. My pants feel a little loose today and my rings are really quite loose too. I can put one of my rings on my thumb now, that's kind of crazy! I'm just hoping that I'll see a result on the scale this week. I'd love to drop a couple of pounds this week!!

No comments: