Friday, February 18, 2005

day 47 - tgif, seriously

Has everyone had an incredibly long week or was it just me?? Was? Who am I fooling, it's still going on. My boss came in this morning and told me to leave early this afternoon (at 3 instead of 4:30) if I wanted to, to make up for some of the crap this week. I was planning to take her up on it but now, I don't think I will. After 2 months of not having filing cabinets (since December 13!!!) our overdue cabinets arrived, like 10 minutes ago, so I think I'll just suck it up and stay and try to get the boxes of files I've been working out of unpacked. Fun huh??

At least it's a long weekend here. Yay for working at a university. Because it's a government holiday on Monday, and it's reading week, we get Monday off. The nice thing about it is that not many folks have it so I can go shopping or whatever without having to deal with mobs of people.

This morning I had a terrific, albeit difficult, ride on my bike. I also seem to do better on the mornings when I am really not interested in doing it. This morning I hit 7.52 miles and I kicked my own ass in a big way. Or I kicked my big ass in a way. Either way, my ass and my legs were sore afterwards, in that really good "hey I exercised" way.

Sadly, I ate some more of those damned-able tiny easter eggs again this morning. Brownie yesterday, little foil eggs today. Not good. Other than those little blips though, everything has been much better this week than it was last week. There might be some white-knuckling involved this weekend but I really don't want to have a repeat of last week, no matter how crappy and pms-y I feel right now. I will not allow myself to wallow in chocolate!!

Mark.my.words.

No comments: