Friday, February 04, 2005

day 33 - shocking

So, this morning, 7.57 miles. What is going on?? I actually got up without wanting to throw the alarm clock across the room this morning. I didn't hurt myself or stumble around getting into my workout gear (this occasionally happens when you get up at 4:30 a.m.). I hopped on the bike, turned on Dr. Phil and rode. I was shocked when I saw the mileage reading at the end. I not only made my goal for this week, I surpassed it: 36.46 miles this week.

For the last, probably quarter, of the year, I was coasting. I would ride my bike and do my stretching or my weights and I wasn't really giving it my all. I basically did enough that allowed me to maintain my weight. At least until the holidays hit and all hell broke loose. I felt good when I exercised but it wasn't a challenge, it was just something I did. The last couple of weeks though, I've been feeling better about it. I can feel my muscles working and they ache a bit some days. That good, hey I did something, ache.

Tomorrow I'm going to weigh-in, officially. Honestly, after the pig-out last weekend, I'll be thrilled to bits if I just maintain this week. Right now, I think that may finally have my momentum back. It feels terrific.

Happy weekend all!

No comments: