Friday, December 03, 2004

day 33 - happy friday

Was your Friday happy? Mine has been pretty good so far. I didn't have to work today and that was very nice. I got up at the normal time though, got my hunny off to work, did some laundry. It was very relaxing. The best part of today I spent with my mum. We went shopping. I've been shopping a lot lately and it's made me think about my whole fitness journey.

Last Saturday, I went shopping, ran errands. You know, the typical Saturday stuff. I did A LOT of errands. I was in and out of the car MANY MANY times. At the end of the day, I thought to myself, "hey, my feet and legs are not tired at all." A couple of years ago, I probably would have quit about half-way through my list because I would have been wiped out. Not on Saturday. On Saturday, I ran around and got stuff done, came home, had dinner and then went back out for the evening. I felt pretty good about how far I'd come and even though I've been struggling with the same ten pounds all year, my fitness level was obviously improved.

So, today, with mum, we were running around, in and out of the car, I felt okay but not as great Saturday. What's happening?? Why are my legs so tired?? It was the strangest thing. So we carried on shopping, I marveled at my feet and it hit me. I knew what was causing the problem. I hadn't suddenly been moved back in time to that old, less-fit version of me. I realized that wearing winter boots, trudging through the snow (for the first time this year - ugh) wore me out. It was a relief but it was kind of sad too. As much as I love to look at the snow, I really am not crazy about sliding through slushy ice and wet snow. This was a really early jump on the season for us. The past couple of years, it's not really hit us until at least January. I really think that it's going to be a long winter this year!

No comments: