Monday, December 13, 2004

day 43 - no dairy princess

This weekend, well last night really, I discovered that my body does not want me to indulge in too much dairy. I felt like hammered crap last night and most of this morning because of the stuff. In a regular day, I drink a serving of soy milk and eat two, fat free yogurts. I don't have any digestion problems with these things. The rest of the day I generally avoid cheese (save for a treat here and there which is usually a little goat cheese on my grilled portabellos - yum) and all other forms of the stuff. Yesterday though, we went out for brunch and I had a bit of cheese with my meal, in addition to the yogurt and milk. I also had cheese (really good stuff) with my dinner. My stomach was so upset last night, I felt terrible. At first I thought that maybe I had just eaten too much in a small period of time (no breakfast and then a biggish lunch and a regular sized dinner instead of smaller meals all spaced out). Right now, I'm pretty sure it was a combination of the two things. I'm pretty sure though, that if I had gone without the cheese, I'd not have hurt myself so badly. Yuck.

It's hard to imagine how much dairy I used to eat and had no problems with it. Maybe I did have problems though and just didn't put it together. At any rate, it'll be a good long while before I have any cheese again. I know that it's a good thing that my body cannot physically take too much cheese or too much chocolate (or too much of any one thing actually). It's really gross to think about how badly my body used to function when it had to process large quantities of things that were not good for me, on a regular basis. Yuck!

Because I felt so horrible this morning, I did not work out. I will try to get a walk in tonight if it's not raining. The week is not off to a stellar start but I am determined to not let it all fall to shit because of a slow beginning!!

No comments: