Friday, December 31, 2004

day 60 - Happy New Year

When I "restarted" things 60 days ago, I didn't actually realize that it was 60 days exactly from then until New Year's Eve. I wish I could say that I had hit some special fitness goal or that I had lost 15 pounds in that time. I did not. Much like the rest of 2004, I merely maintained. By maintain, of course, I mean, I re-lost and re-gained the same 5 to 7 pounds over and over again, just as I had all year.

When I looked back at the goals I set for myself in 2004, I see that I came up a little short.

1. I did not lose another 70 pounds this year (well, actually I probably did but I kept gaining it back too so it didn't really count).

2. Exercise at least 5 times a week -- this one I pretty much stuck to so that's not too bad I realize. Had I not done this, I know that I would have regained every single last ounce I lost in 2003.

3. Get our finances in order -- we're not out of debt by any stretch of the imagination but we're in a little better shape than we were 12 months ago. We are continuing on the plan we began in 2004 throughout 2005 and we have a meeting in the works with our bank manager to help move things even further along.

4. Get rid of clutter -- again, we worked very hard on this. Partly because the LOG was moving in and we had to give up a whole room, we did a lot of throwing out and donating to goodwill this year. Of course, there is still more to do but it all gets easier every time we tackle it.

Overall, considering the stress I went through at work (and trust me, it was incredibly stressful going through an organizational transition. I wasn't really for much of the year if I would have a job when all the dust settled), everything we had going on at home (with LOG moving in) and some other family stuff, 2004 could have been much worse. I am so relieved that I have not regained all of my 2003 loss (I even noticed today that I've re-lost most about 4 pounds of my holiday gain already so I'm guessing most of it was cycle related water weight).

As always, I'm going to try to paint a friendly, happy, fresh face on 2005 and make it mine. I'll post my 2005 goals tomorrow. In the meantime, I wish you a very very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!!

No comments: