Friday, December 24, 2004

day 53 - weather report

I just finished watching "Me Without You" (which I totally enjoyed -- I absolutely love Anna Friel). The snow is falling quite softly right now but the flakes are huge. Quite a change from yesterday. We woke up to snow yesterday. The snow was followed by freezing rain. The freezing rain turned to regular rain (which made everything an icy slush) and, by the end of the day, the precipitation had ended but we were experiencing 72 km/h winds. I could barely get the door open the wind was blowing that hard. The weather has been pretty freaky around here lately. The local paper said to not get your hopes for a white Christmas. Right now, looking out the window, it looks pretty darned white to me.

Yesterday afternoon I did a little more baking, some butter tart squares and some fudge bars (which I totally ruined). This morning, I awoke with good intentions of doing more baking. I also awoke with a pounding headache and achey joints. So far today, I haven't done any baking. I did do some wrapping though, in bed, this morning, while watching, "Anything Else." We sure get our money's worth as far as the cable goes when we're sick. Depending upon how I feel tonight, I may make a couple of quick batches of cookies, we'll see. Right now, I have (I think), just 2 more gifts to wrap and then at least one thing I started will be finished.

Being sick sucks. This has been dragging on for a week now and I'm really tired of it. The upside of it (and yes, I have managed to find one) is that my appetite is sort of shot. That almost never happens to me. If I'm not feeling any better tomorrow I plan to take huge amounts of cold medicines and ibuprofen and have a good day, regardless. We're planning to go to my mum & dad's. It'll be a lovely, peaceful day (or should be -- I can't imagine why it wouldn't be) and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

For those of you who celebrate Christmas, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. To those of you who don't, have an enjoyable weekend. I'll probably post again on Sunday.

No comments: