Wednesday, December 01, 2004

day 31 - dark and dreary on the outside

What a miserable day today is. Perhaps it's because dub-ya is up here (in Nova Scotia today) and he's taken away our sunshine. Whatever the case, I'm wearing a new red top today and I'm feeling pretty good.

Work has been totally chaotic for weeks now. It's still busy but today I have had fewer meetings than normal so I'm actually (gasp!) at my desk and getting some things done. Concept huh?? Now, if only I could figure out a way to do this on a regular basis, we'd be cooking (with broth, not oil!).

In my continuing effort to use up all of my accumulated vacation days, I have booked Friday and Monday off. I've been debating whether or not I should actually take them or not. Right now, I'm thinking I should. I really don't want to take the first week of January off. I actually like being here that week because it's very quiet and I can get a lot done.

On the fitness front, my workouts have been hit and miss so far this week. Mostly I've been walking when I can. So far today, my eating is pretty good too. I'm feeling like I won't have a problem at this reception I'm going to this afternoon. Personally, I'd much rather save my calories for dinner instead of blowing them on finger food that I don't even really care for. If I keep telling myself that over and over again, I shouldn't be tempted!!

No comments: