Sunday, December 12, 2004

day 42 - hey hey, it's the weekend

So far this weekend, nothing I have done has really gone according to my plans. I can honestly blame it on the weather and on seasonal colds. Right now, as I look out my window, I can see a gorgeous winter-wonderland. The snow has stuck to every branch and power/phone/cable line in the neighbourhood. It looks pretty fake actually but that's just because of the freezing rain we received on Friday.

On Friday night, we had plans to go see my brother's band in a pub downtown. I was half-way hoping that they wouldn't come because the roads were horrible and they were going to be driving in from 2 hours north of here (where they were expecting a lot more snow than we were supposed to get). In the end, they didn't come in because of a very ill band member. I was relieved all the same. I would have worried myself sick about them being on the highway.

The weather was pretty yucky here too so we stayed home and had an early night. I can't tell you how good it felt to get to sleep early and then sleep late the next morning. Delicious!! I actually stayed in bed all morning yesterday, watching TV and reading.

In the afternoon, we pulled on our boots and ventured out into the holiday shopping madness. We aren't doing a lot of shopping but we're trying to be creative (read inexpensive) with what we are doing so it's taking a bit more time than it normally would. We picked up a couple of gifts and I'm down to needing only to find something for my mum and my 18 year old godson. I'm not too concerned though, I have the whole week before Christmas off and should have lots of time to get that done.

Given that this is supposed to be a fitness/weight-loss site, I suppose I should talk about how I'm doing this weekend. Overall, it could be worse. I missed breakfast yesterday (because I was busy being lazy) so we went out for lunch. It was a Chinese buffet. I didn't do too badly but I did give in and have a couple of fried wontons (yum!). We did a tonne of walking, in the snow, yesterday and I drank a lot of water so overall, it balanced out I think. I deliberately didn't bother stepping on the scale yesterday. My feeling right now is to give it a break for a couple of weeks and see how things are going in that direction after Christmas. Of course, in a couple of days, my curiosity may get the better of me and I'll hop on it anyway but for now, I'm staying away.

This morning, right now, it's very quiet in the house. I'm the only one who is up and I've been doing laundry and puttering around a bit. It's very peaceful and calm and I have to admit that it's very nice to not have the tv on. Maybe if I wish very hard, it'll stay off all day (yeah, right!). In any event, I hope you have a calm, peaceful, lazy Sunday because I sure hope to have one here!!

No comments: