Tuesday, December 21, 2004

day 51 - windows

So, the windows that we ordered two months ago are being installed on the first floor of our house as I type this. Actually, they are working directly below me right now, on our patio doors and it feels and sounds like the wall may collapse underneath me. I'm sure it won't but it feels like it may.

With the exception of two very small things that I should be able to pick up tomorrow, I've finished up my shopping. Of course, nothing is wrapped, the house is a mess because of the windows and I haven't even begun my baking yet but I still have 3.5 days left, right?

All of my best intentions about good eating and lots of exercise have been thrown out the window (oops, no pun intended, really!). I keep trying to focus on the good things I do instead of dwell on the bad but it's just easier to beat yourself up than it is to praise yourself. Why is that?

In any event, I'm just trying to focus on getting through the next 10 days without doing too much damage to myself. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll do the same for you, promise!!

No comments: