Friday, February 17, 2006

artichoke you glad it's friday?

artichoke


It feels like I've been fighting a cold for weeks now. Part of thinks that I might be allergic to something in my office. It's located in the basement of an old building and I'm not the only one who feels like this. Fortunately, in less than two weeks, I'll be moving to a new office, on the second floor. The air quality is definitely better up there (I've worked in the room I'm moving to before).

Each night this week, after we finish eating dinner, I can literally feel my body winding down. My back gets sore and I can't find a comfortable spot anywhere but in my bed. This morning when I woke up, my back was still really stiff, I was hobbling around a fair bit, sneezing and coughing. I looks pretty pathetic. I exercised despite this. I think I sweated some of the germs out and I definitely felt better afterwards.

LOG has had a cold all week so we haven't seen him since Monday. Last night, he was still feeling really crappy, I hope he doesn't have the flu. He just doesn't need that on top of everything that he's got going on recently. I can empathize with him though, if what I've been fighting is the same bug that he has, it's persistent. My hunny told me that maybe I should stop fighting it and just give in, get sick. The problem is that I can't do that. There's just so much stuff going on at work these days that I cannot have a sick day. Sometimes I feel okay, other times, my head feels all tingly and full and it feels like I'm outside of myself somehow. Weird huh? ...and right now, I'm fading. All I can think about is a nap. This isn't good. I have a two hour training session this afternoon. Staying awake through that may be a stretch. Who schedules training for the Friday afternoon of a long weekend?? Yikes. Oh well, if it's a valuable session I suppose it'll worth it.

I'm looking forward to nicer weather and wide open windows and fresh strawberries and the end of cold season. I can't imagine how much crappier I'd feel if I wasn't eating healthy stuff and getting the exercise in. I'm sure I'd be a giant mess.

No comments: