Tuesday, February 28, 2006

back from the cold

Actually, it's pretty cold here too but it was really really cold in Montreal on the weekend. Our winter has been so mild so far that I forgot how icy the winds can be, particularly in those wind tunnels that are created in large cities by tall buildings.

Over the weekend, my eating was bad. There is no other way to say it, it was bad. We did do a lot of walking but I don't think we did enough to counter what was eaten. I won't get into an itemized list but just know that there was dim sum, there were timbits and there was smoked meat involved. Yeah, I know.

Back to "normal" today. I'm still feeling a little tired (we didn't get back to the hotel until 12:45 a.m. on Sunday - I'm usually in bed by 8:45 p.m.) and slightly remorseful about the weekend today.

Tomorrow, I'll get back onto my exercise routine (totally slept in this morning and missed the window). I will be moving lots of boxes up and down a couple of flights of stairs later on this afternoon though, so that will count for some cardio.

Bad eating and cold winds aside, the weekend was wonderful. We had a really great time, Belle and Sebastian were amazing. It was a lot of fun. Tomorrow, I start my new job so this is kind of a crazy week for me. Crazy but good, I'm looking forward to starting the new job and to getting back on track.

No comments: