Tuesday, February 14, 2006

for the price of a cup of tea

Don't you just wish you could jump into these sprouts?? They look so yummy!!

bean sprouts


There has been a weird mix of bugs in our office over the past couple of weeks. Colds, tummy bugs, pink eye, you name it! I keep feeling like I'm getting sick, and then I fight it and don't get sick but boy, fighting germs is exhausting. Last night, on the way home, I had a huge coughing fit. In the middle of dinner, I had a big sneeze attack. This was followed by a general body ache. Not good huh??

When I woke up this morning, I was a little stiff and stuffy but I exercised anyway. I really pushed myself too and felt much better when I was done. I'm so glad that I did that instead of crawling back into bed. I made it into the office and it's turning out to be a nutty/busy day. My eyes are still a little watery and I'm slightly congested in my head but it's not anything I can't handle.

My eating has been perfectly 100% on plan for the past day and a bit. Monday morning, we had a departmental meeting. Our Executive Director is a real sweetie and she bought us each a huge, heart-shaped cookie with our names in icing on them. They looked amazing but I couldn't eat mine. I brought it back to the office and gave it to one of our student helpers. Turns out, she couldn't eat it either (because she didn't want to eat my name apparently). Luckily, I found another colleague who wasn't as choosy. She broke my name up into little pieces and ate the cookie. I was happy to see it gone, even happier that I hadn't eaten it. I have also successfully avoided cinnamon hearts and chocolate truffles this morning. Honestly, they didn't even tempt me, which was weird. I guess I'm getting back into the swing of this thing.

My hunny gave me a couple of CD's for "love day" so, yay, no calories and some beautiful music (the new Belle and Sebastian - deluxe version with DVD and the Antony and the Johnsons disc). We're not really big valentine's day people (I gave him a copy of the Aristocrats DVD). I joke and say "that's because every day is love day in our house" but that's true. We don't need a hallmark holiday to tell us how we feel about each other. I also don't like how this holiday can try to make single folks feel weird about themselves and that's just not cool in my books. Love yourself every day I say!! If you don't love yourself, goodness knows no one else will. Happy V-Day everyone!!

No comments: