Tuesday, February 21, 2006

overdosed

papaya


As I feared and yet, did not prevent, the weekend was an exercise in bad food choices. I am beginning to hate the weekends, seriously. For a moment, I considered moving my weigh-in day to Friday from Wednesday so that if I did slack off on the weekends, I'd have the whole working week to get it together. Needless to say, I didn't do that. I'm sticking with Wednesdays. I kept jumping on the scale over the weekend and didn't see any evidence of a gain but then, it wasn't going down either. I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

Now, don't think I went bananas and just pigged out, I really didn't do that. What I did do though, was eat too many fatty foods. I stayed at the high end of calorie allowance all weekend and, on Saturday, went over. I often say that it could have been worse and yes, it could have been but, it could have been better. Much better.

This weekend will be a struggle too because we are going out of town. Fortunately, it's only an overnight trip but it's to Montreal. Home of smoked meat and gorgeous bagels. It'll be a struggle to avoid overindulgence.

On an up note, I'm back on track so far today. 100% low fat food all day so far. It's so much easier for me when I'm at work and I can only eat what I bring with me. Being at home for three days, with easy access to the kitchen or restaurant meals makes it so difficult. Oh well, onwards and upwards, right?

No comments: