He picked me up at work last night and I was feeling terrible. My head was pounding, my eyes were watering, I was all stuffed up. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep. He was so sweet, he offered to buy me a bowl of my favourite noodle soup and I took him up on it. The soup has the most amazing healing powers. I felt so much better when we left the restaurant, I couldn't believe it.
When we got home, I discovered that he had planned this gorgeous dinner for us, he was planning on cooking (he usually cooks - he's a chef) but put it off because of my cold symptoms. I think he had this whole evening planned out but we ended up going to bed early, watching American Idol and falling asleep within minutes of it being over. Today I'm feeling much better. The soup and a good night's sleep have done me a world of good. Tonight we'll have our belated "V-Day dinner" and I'll make it up to him for flaking out last night.
And now...here is my latest weekly wrap-up:
summary - week ending February 14
- did intentional exercise every work-day morning and continued to work some weights into the mix. So far, I have put 125.6 miles on our recumbent bike. I'm still walking a bit but not nearly as much as I'd like. I need to work on this!
- I took my vitamins 7 out of 7 days this week - I even remembered on the weekend!
- met daily water intake goal 5 out of 7 days. Slowly but surely, I'm working on this!! I find that days when I have a lot of meetings, I the water thing goes out the window because I can't run to the loo as often as I'd like.
- successfully avoided coffee all week, again. This means that I have been coffee-free for six weeks now!!
- Once again, I've successfully avoided carbonated beverages, all week!!
- did not have any evening snacks 7 out of 7 days - yay!
- continued to post here every work-day since my re-start
- tracked every morsel of food I've eaten, at fitday
- I lost two more pounds this week! That means that I have lost a total of 21 pounds in six weeks. Yay!!
...and our daily photo today is some lovely looking lettuce!!!