Tuesday, February 07, 2006

update

So, a couple of weeks ago I wrote some vague stuff about work. I deliberately have not written about it, primarily because I didn't want to jinx it. In fact, I only discussed it with my hunny, my mum and 3 co-workers. Oh, my boss too. I talked to her about it before I did anything. I applied for a new job in the same department I'm currently (different functional unit though, new team of people). It would be a promotion if I got it, I had an interview this morning. I'm notoriously bad at judging things like this but I have a good feeling about it. I'll know for sure by the end of this week I've been told.

One of the nice things about situations like this is that the nervous stomach thing keeps your appetite at bay (good thing too or I may have thrown up!!) until it's over. Now, it's over, and I'm eating lunch, thinking about how I'm not going to think about it all too much. I don't want to freak myself out over-analyzing everything. Either way, I'm pretty proud of myself. To go through this process is always good and it definitely would have been easier to just stay at my current job and let someone else go for it. Yeah, whatever happens, I feel good!

No comments: