Friday, February 10, 2006

if I could do just one near perfect thing I'd be happy

Have a peek at some leeks:
leeks


A little while ago, my office mate pulled her lunch out of the fridge and realized that she'd put her banana in too. Her husband had packed her lunch (lucky girl huh?) today. Now I don't know about you but she and I agreed that a cold banana is not very good. I like mine to be room temperature. As I told her my cut-up-over-ripe-bananas-and-freeze-em-for-smoothies trick, the third office mate piped up with, "well I've never tried this but I have heard that if you dip a banana in chocolate and freeze it, it tastes just like ice cream!"

I'm thinking, but that totally defeats the good of the banana. I said as much, that I didn't think pouring chocolate over fruit was a good thing to do and she started to tell me about all the health benefits of chocolate (I'd said that it was bad for you, it's bad for me, I love the stuff but I can't eat it...once I start I can't stop!). I sort of feel bad because I cut her off mid-sentence and said, "you'll never convince me that it's good for me, I'm sorry."

I'm sure that she was a little surprised but I just couldn't hear about 80% chocolate, blah blah blah. Sadly, most of us don't eat the stuff that is supposed to be not-so bad. We eat the mars bar variety, which is actually chocolate candy, I know. It's not good for me. It's full of caffeine too, which I don't need. I know it's all about moderation but I don't think I'll ever be able to eat chocolate in moderation. I've tried in the past and failed miserably. For me, what works best is abstinence.

Other than that, there isn't much to report. LOG was having a bad day when we visited yesterday. He was absolutely convinced that three couple were having sex in his room through the night on Wednesday evening. I tried to explain to him that if that were true, we'd have been able to smell it and most likely, there would be some "evidence" on his velour covered chair (where one of the couple were going at it, in a very tiny area between the chair and the wall). He just wouldn't accept that the dreams he's having lately aren't real. I offered to leave him a camera, so he could take photos (he also claims to see other folks in his room at night) but he refused it. He told us that he'd rather just buzz for the nurse on duty as his backup. To make matters worse, the guy in the room next to is backing up his story about seeing young kids running about at night. It's a little disturbing.

This weekend should be a lot smoother than last weekend. I haven't felt 100% all this week so I plan to get outside for some fresh air this weekend, oh and sleep. Lots of sleep. I hope that everyone out there in the blogosphere has an enjoying, healthy weekend, free of frozen chocolate bananas and mixed up LOG's!

No comments: