Thursday, February 23, 2006

the day after hump day

Yesterday, my guns were stuck to. I exercised before work, ate on plan all day. I ate on plan when it would have been really easy to stray in my diminished capacity (I've been sleepy all week, seems like most of the folks I work with are suffering from the same thing -- must be short week syndrome). At lunch time, I took my home made lunch to the cafeteria in the building next door and ate it with my friend. This particular cafeteria has a Tim's in it. Home to yummy donuts and cookies. I was strong though and stuck to my healthy lunch.

After work, we had to get an oil change for the car. We get them at Costco so usually, you have to wander around the store for 30 to 45 minutes while you wait. Now, last night, we were shopping for a new digital camera (my old one was on it's last leg). This took up a goodly chunk of our waiting time. When we were finished though, as we stood in line to pay, the "should we have a hot dog here" discussion began. It was a pretty short discussion though, I vetoed it. I saw no reason to a) eat fatty crap for dinner or b) spend money on crap food when we had a butt load of fresh food at home, just waiting for us to cook it.

Small victories I know, but after the weekend, and the bad choices I'd made, I felt good about it. This morning though, I'm not off to such a good start. I've had a really tough time getting going in the mornings this week. This morning, when I looked in the mirror, my right eye was so puffy, I could hardly see. Eventually that went away but I didn't exercise. I felt really nauseous and generally bad. I'm at work right now. I felt like calling in sick but I have a training session this afternoon that I can't miss, so I'm sticking around. Hopefully, as the day goes along, I'll feel better. Part of me feels really crappy about not exercising but the other part knows that it would not have been good for me. Tomorrow's another day right? I'm sure I'll feel well enough then, to get back on the bike.

No comments: