Thursday, February 16, 2006

gingery

Here is a picture of some ginger root. It is known to be full of gingery goodness:

ginger root


I'm thinking about emailing the folks at Produce Town and telling them about the photos I took. As a direct result of my photos, two of my coworkers have started shopping at Produce Town. That must be worthy of a free bunch of bananas for yours truly, shouldn't it?

We stopped by there last night on our way home. We intended to get some more oranges and we ended up finding a fabulous deal on grape tomatoes. We also grabbed up some more carrots, some lemon juice, lovely skinless/boneless chicken breasts (we discovered last night that they have a gorgeous meat department too), olives and fair trade coffee. I just finished off some grape tomatoes with my lunch. They are so juicy and sweet, they taste like summer.

I know that it's easier to stay on track when I'm in the routine of a working week. I'm not sure why I can so easily get excited at the prospect of a healthy snack through the week, and my brain sends me chocolate and chip messages on the weekends. My wiring must be faulty I suppose. I'll have to figure out a way to sort that. I want to have a "clean eating" weekend this weekend. It's a three day weekend for us so I really don't want to get off track for three whole days. I can't have it. I am so excited to have lost 21 pounds, I can't stop thinking about the next 9. Sad huh?? I just cannot wait to have lost 30 pounds. Originally, according to the goals I'd set for myself, that would have taken 15 weeks. I'm already four weeks ahead that schedule (I had thought 2 pounds a week, 20 pounds would take me 10 weeks to lose). What I really want is for my pants to fall off of me when I pull them on in the morning (it's getting close but not quite). Hopefully, by easter, I'll be at least one pant size smaller. I'd love that, seriously. Ooh...that outta help keep me on the straight and narrow this weekend!!

No comments: