Friday, February 24, 2006

better!

Yikes.

Yesterday was so weird. By 9:30 a.m., I knew that I couldn't stick it out at the office any longer. I got in touch with the folks who had organized the training session and made alternative arrangements. It was very odd, I felt stuffed up, had a sore throat, was feverish and had an upset stomach.

When I got home, I pulled my jammies on, grabbed a blanket and lay on the sofa for a while. Eventually, I went back to bed and slept for the entire afternoon. When I woke up, I felt groggy but better. I didn't expect to sleep much last night but I didn't have a problem so I must have needed it.

This morning, when I woke up, I pulled on my workout clothes and sat in front of the computer. I could tell I felt well enough to ride for maybe 5 or 10 minutes and I kept trying to convince myself that I shouldn't. Eventually, the inner fit girl in me won that particular debate. I went downstairs, did my stretching, got the on the bike and started my 5 minute ride. I stuck with it though and rode for 5 miles. I feel much better now for having done that. I'm not sure what kind of bug I had yesterday but it seems to be gone now. I'm happy that I exercised and will work really hard this weekend to keep my eating under control. We're heading to Montreal on Sunday but I'm not going to let that little trip throw me off track, I'm going to do my best to make good choices when we eat out and I know that we'll be getting in a fair bit of walking so that should help too. So, happy weekend kiddos. Wish me luck!

No comments: