Monday, April 12, 2004

bouncing back

After sitting down and having a good long chat with myself last night, I admit that I feel better about things today. We just got home from the grocery store and I noticed that everything smelled good (you know that bakery smells that fills the place?), I wasn't tempted. I wasn't even tempted when I saw that the two-bite brownies were on special. By the way, whoever invented them, they should be poked with a stick, hard! We didn't need much, just some fruit and veg and fresh herbs for dinner tonight. My eating has been great all day and I haven't found that I've been killer hungry. Ordinarily I do get hungry mid-morning and mid-afternoon but that didn't happen today. We had dinner at home tonight, stir fried turkey breast fillet with lots of veggies. It was terrific. We're making a very conscious effort to eat at home this week. It's much easier to get off track in a restaurant than it is in our junk-free kitchen at home!!

Work was a bit of a blur. I was in a really long meeting all morning which rendered me brain dead and kind of wrecked me for the rest of the day. Every week, I think that things will settle down this week. Every week I'm disappointed because the days just get murkier and murkier. I never thought that folks could get more stressed than they were in February but it's happening. The restructuring stuff is really taking it's toll. It's tough to deal with, doing all of your regular work, trying to learn a new job and train someone in your old job, all at the same time. It's particularly difficult for me because my boss is no longer working in our office and the person I'm supposed to report to is not around much (because she's in restructuring meetings) so...it's not pretty. I try to remain optimistic though. I'm looking forward to starting my new job, I'm just not exactly sure when that will be.

I think I'm heading to bed early tonight. We were up a bit later than normal last night so it was kind of difficult to get out of bed this morning. I know that my workout was not the greatest I'd ever done but I was really slow moving for some reason. Not enough sleep is what I'm thinking. Anyway, if you have them to spare, please send your good vibes over Amy's way. She's having her baby today (hopefully)!

No comments: