Tuesday, April 27, 2004

oh my aching arms

I know that I've been getting stronger with every week that passes but this weekend was a real challenge. I'm looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow to get a break from all the lugging and slugging that we've been doing around here. While we moved stuff, I noticed that I was able to carry heavier pieces of furniture further than I remember doing for a long, long time. Right now though, my arms feel like wet noodles. I think I may have overdid things a bit but I really wanted to get the best part of the downstairs straightened up.

Today we got the living room and dining room sorted out. My hunny helped me move this huge three piece wall unit into place in our dining room and I had to scrub and dust everything that went into it. We had been using some old shelves in the same spot and everything was pretty grubby. It looks really nice and tidy though. I also rearranged the furniture in the living room. Our LOG has a recliner, which, we had originally planned on putting into his bedroom. It would have been a really tight squeeze with it in there though so we found a nice spot for it in the living room. It's a little cramped down there (my recumbent bike is also there) but it looks nice. It's cozy looking and it doesn't clash too badly with our furniture. Most importantly, he looks really comfy and at home there. One of the big advantages to this is that it's forced me to do major spring cleaning. I hate how, all winter, you think that you're cleaning but, once the sun starts pouring into the house in the spring, you realize that you were just fooling yourself. It's done now though!!

I also managed to get the kitchen sorted out so at least 90% of the downstairs is finished. We still have to get his huge, heavy, honking wardrobe up the stairs but that's going to wait until tomorrow. Once that is upstairs, I'll be able to help him get his clothes unpacked and put away. After the clothes, there is basically 3 boxes of "stuff" to sort through. I know that some of it is kitchen stuff that we wanted and the rest is just odds and ends and papers. This weekend I'm planning to pick him up something to use for his papers and I'll set up a filing system for him. Everything is coming together nicely!

Tomorrow, I'm back to my normal routine (I hope). My plan is to get up and workout first thing in the morning. We picked up some groceries tonight and should be back to our normal food routine tomorrow too. Right now, I'm feeling tired but really good about all that we've accomplished over the past 4 days. 'night all!

No comments: