Saturday, April 10, 2004

busy as a little bee

I'm having a very good day so far. I honestly feel like the worst of the cold is behind me. It's down to a bit of a post-nasal drip and a mini-coughing fit every now and then.

I was up very early this morning for some odd reason. We could have slept in but I didn't bother. I got up and started puttering a bit. I'm kind of glad that I got such an early start on the day because now, I basically have everything done that I needed to do today. I had a tonne of errands to do this morning and I beat the crowds as much as I could. I had to go into the bowels of hell (read, trendy-ish west end of town area) to pick up a couple of things at the grocery store, some birthday gifts for my hunny (his birthday is on Wednesday), odds and ends for around the house at the dollar store and a gift for my mum for tomorrow (to thank her for cooking for all of us).

When I got home, it was so nice that I took a walk around the neighbourhood. It was nice to get out and into the sunshine and breathe in the fresh spring air. This afternoon I've been cleaning and doing laundry. I just finished up all of my laundry and cleaning stuff. It feels good to have actually accomplished everything on my to do list today. That hasn't happened in ages and ages.

Tomorrow should be interesting. We are having Easter linner (late lunch, early dinner) at my mum's. I'm not too worried about the meal though. She's cooking a ham but she's doing it with a lot of veggies and I've asked her to not put cheese into anything and she's agreed. We also agreed to not do the easter chocolate thing so I'm not worrying about that. I should be able to keep on track for the whole weekend at this rate. I definitely need to make up for the over-indulging I did over the past two days. I know it's a holiday weekend but I'm not going to allow that to be an excuse to over-indulge for the entire weekend. I keep repeating this to myself over and over in my head and it seems to be sticking. So far, so good!

No comments: