Saturday, April 03, 2004

lazy day

I feel rested and well tonight. My hunny didn't work today and we spent an entire day together today, not doing too much of anything at all. We spent the day just vegging out. We watched some TV, we hung out. It was basically a very chilled and relaxing day. We could have slept late this morning but were both up kind of early. We didn't jump up and out of bed like we normally would though which was nice for a change. Our pace lately has been so go-go-go that it was nice to take things slow for a change. Another nice thing was that we're both feeling so much healthier this week than last week. The cold we had/have/are getting over is a nasty nasty bug. It knocked us both totally on our butts. I'm still coughing and it was almost 2 weeks ago that it first hit me.

Exercise-wise, I didn't do anything today. Saturdays are usually my break day and I took today off even though I had only exercised 3 days this week. I noticed that last night, when I got home from work, I was really tired. Not mentally though, it was just that my muscles were tired. I had worked out yesterday morning and I think that by the time we got home last night, my muscles were feeling oxygen deprived. I'm still a little stuffed up and am coughing a fair bit so I know that I'm not getting as much oxygen as I normally would be. After work, we did errands (in the rain) for almost 2 hours. It was after 7 p.m. by the time we got home and we didn't finish dinner until after 8 p.m. This is an extremely long day for us. Through the week, we're in bed by 8:30 p.m. The way my arms and legs were hollering at me last night as I was hauling some heavy stuff up the stairs, I figured that I'd be taking a break today. Tomorrow, if it's not raining, I'd like to take a nice walk outside. If the weather is crappy, I guess I'll just do my normal workout. Now that the weather is finally getting nicer, I'd like to get outside as much as possible.

Tonight the time changes and I'm a little concerned about it. Over the past few years I've noticed that it takes me a couple of weeks to adjust to the time change. It really throws a monkey wrench into my routine and makes my morning workouts more of a struggle. Tonight though, we adjusted our clocks early so hopefully the transition will be easier this time. Eating today wasn't fantastic. I guess it was part of the lazy day we had, part of was the rain. I know I ate too much starchy stuff today and not enough fresh fruit / veg. Tomorrow will be better. I guess I convinced myself I needed a day off from thinking about anything at all. When that happens, I forget about balancing stuff. Chalk it up to the lazies. Tomorrow I'll be back on track, 100%.

No comments: