Friday, April 16, 2004

When I woke up this morning, it occurred to me that one of the reasons that I've been so tired every night is because I'm waking up, really early. I mean, like 4 or 4:30 a.m. I don't have to be up and out of bed until 5 or 5:15. I'm guessing it's because we sleep with the windows open and the birds must be singing or something, now that spring is here. I don't mind getting up early too much. It's kind of nice to do a load of laundry or two in the morning while I am exercising and all but, by 7:30 p.m., I can barely keep my eyes open. It's a slippery slope, I know, because if I get really tired, I'm more likely to overeat as an attempt to get some carb induced energy in the evening. I'm not sure how to get around this waking up early thing but at least I'm aware of it now.

I'm struggling a lot this week and I'm working really hard to keep temptation out of my face. Right now, there is a pizza party going on in our office. I'm obviously not there. Ordinarily, I would go to the party but take my own lunch. Today, I'm feeling pms-y and fragile and didn't think that I could trust myself to sit in a room full of pizza, smelling it without indulging. Pizza is absolutely one of my favourite foods but I know that one slice wouldn't be enough food to get me through the afternoon so I stayed behind and ate my healthy, filling lunch. I do allow myself to have pizza once in a while and we either make our own at home or go out and have a small pizza with a large salad. It feeds my pizza cravings and is pretty low in calories (I always have thin crust pizza with veggies and 1/2 the cheese) compared to an extra pepperoni / extra cheese pizza. Hopefully, no one will bring any back from the party. I really don't even want to see it right now!

No comments: