Tuesday, April 20, 2004

time flies

I'm thinking of little house flies...I'm seeing them wearing watches...they're buzzing around me and making me nuts.

It's been that kind of week this week. In some ways, I cannot believe that it is only Tuesday and in others, I can't believe that Tuesday is almost over. Work just keeps going from insanely busy to insanely-er busier. I don't know when it's going to end quite frankly. I'm still training people and I'm still doing my old job. I've also (just recently) started receiving training on my new job. When I'll be moving into that officially I'm not sure. No one knows really, everything is really unsettled and unsettling. It's stressing me out a fair bit and I know that is why I'm giving in to letting myself over indulge on the weekends.

Last night, after dinner, we had a huge storm. We watched it roll in, quickly, dump a bunch of rain on us and then leave. When it was over, there was the most gorgeous rainbow over our back yard. Funny thing is though, when the storm finished, it was about 18 degrees outside. It was so nuts. I opened all of the windows upstairs to try to get some air into the house. About 1/2 way through the night, the temperature dropped about 10 degrees so we were freezing our butts off by morning. It made for good sleeping though and I really needed it. What with not sleeping much Monday night and TOM due at any moment, I was exhausted.

My workout was pretty good this morning. I've found that I'm not moving as fast as I normally do, the past couple of days, but I'm blaming that on TOM. Once I get into it, the fatigue and cramps will go away and I'll be able to put more into it. Right now, I'm just happy with myself for getting up and doing it every day. When all else fails, I know that I have that part of things down pat. Oh, that and the water. I've had no trouble doing the water thing lately. If I could just get the weekends under control, all would be good I think. I know that it's all attached to what's happening at the office and I'm working at controlling that better. It's hard to not get stressed out about it but I know that I do better on my program when I don't let work shit bother me. It's like a domino effect, controlling the stress makes it easier for me to control the eating and controlling the eating makes me feel better, period. Luckily, so far this week, I'm doing okay. Hopefully it'll finish off as well as it's started. I don't want to go overboard this weekend.

No comments: