Friday, April 09, 2004

whew

The relapse I've suffered with my cold isn't as bad as my initial dose but it's making me feel less than happy.

The past two mornings, I've not had any trouble getting up in the morning and I've worked out. It's been a bit tough though. I've really had to push myself to get through them. It's good in a way because I'm finding that I'm really sweaty and feel very much like I've worked hard when I'm done. Eating has not been fabulous but not horrible either. The difficulty stems from having eaten out for dinner both last night and tonight. I made decent-ish choices but ate too much and I know it. Fortunately, I'm not eating all that much during the day but this is not an ideal and I know it.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do this weekend. We have to go to my mum's for dinner on Sunday but other than that, we have no plans. I had half thought about doing some painting but I know that I'll be lucky to get through my laundry and other household stuff this weekend. I know I need to take it easy and I'm going to.

Stupidly, we had to go do errands last night after work. I could not believe how busy the stores were. It was so insane. You'd think that the stores were closing for a month instead of for just today. Sheesh. We needed to go to four or five different places and only made it to two. By the time we had fought the crowds at both places, and stopped off at the bank, I was so pooped that I wanted to go home. I'm not looking forward to it but I definitely need to do errands again tomorrow. I plan to get up and out of the house early and hopefully beat the crowds, or as close to it as I'm gonna get. It's not stuff that I can put off any longer either so I just need to suck it up and do it.

Ugh. You wouldn't think that a stupid head cold could hang on for so long or be such a huge pain in the ass but hey, it is!

No comments: