Monday, April 05, 2004

damn you, time change

I knew that changing the clocks would kick me in the ass. Last night, I was not tired. We vegged out in front of the tube, we watched Arrested Development at 9:30 p.m. (which is ridiculously past our bedtime) and then Extreme Home Makeover from 10 to 11 p.m. I was actually sleepy by 11 p.m. and had a great night's sleep. This morning however, I slept in really late, I had a bunch of stuff to do before work (because we were having our little old guy over for dinner tonight) and I didn't get to workout. Because I had to rush home, make my one dish for the dinner (my hunny did everything else) and the go pick up said little old guy, I couldn't workout right after work. Now, it's 8:30 and I'm pooped and heading to bed. I'm going to definitely get up early tomorrow morning, get my workout in and get back into my routine.

At work today, there was a thank you luncheon for some student volunteers. I don't usually go to these things but I really like the students and felt I should go. The lunch was amazing. I had small amounts of everything and, when I added it all up, it didn't end up being too terrible. Add that to what I just had for dinner though and I'm not sure where my calories will end up. I may have gone over a bit. I can tell myself that it was a special meal for the little old guy (it was our attempt at a Seder for him) but the bottom line was that I ate too much today and I didn't exercise.

Tuesday is another day however. Tomorrow there are no special luncheons planned, no holiday dinners, no reason to sleep in late. I will get up early. I will exercise. I will eat good, healthy foods. No exceptions, no excuses. That's a promise!

No comments: