Wednesday, October 13, 2004

being boring

Sometimes I feel like I just repeat myself most days. That's good though, as I've written here before, boring works, most of the time.

Today is going well. I had good night's rest last night yet didn't want to get up. Once I got up, I didn't want to workout. I mean, really didn't want to exercise. For a few minutes, I entertained the idea of not doing it all. Once I got downstairs though and started into my routine, I thought, "okay, this is pretty horrible today, I'll just do five minutes." Well, after five minutes, it was going pretty good. I was still feeling tired but thought, "ten minutes, then breakfast!" Well, I'm pretty pleased to report that I did my full workout. Once I got into it, I couldn't just stop and I'm glad for that.

This afternoon, I'm going back to see my doctor. She was away for a while over the summer and then I got busy so it's been a while since I've checked in with her. I miss our monthly meetings and intend to get back into them again. The reality is that I need the external accountability. I think that's why something like weight watchers works so well for some folks. Lately, I've been thinking about going the WW route, to kick-start things. I found out recently that there is a meeting on Saturday mornings, not far from my house and they have a good introductory deal going on right now. I'm not sure though, I have until the end of this month to decide. Right now, I'm sort of white-knuckling things and I really don't like how that feels. Trying something new might be good for me.

No comments: