Monday, October 04, 2004

better and better

I am feeling much better today. The headache I've had for several days has disappeared, finally. My eyes are still a little wonky but much better than they have been. Honestly, I'm not sure what's been kicking my butt for the past couple of weeks but I really feel good today.

Last night, I had a tough time getting to sleep but when I did, I didn't move all night. This morning I felt rested and got up and did my workout without any trouble at all. I feel really committed to this particular re-start, stronger than I have in a good long while. I'm going to work on getting my hunny to walk with me each night after dinner. Even if it's just a quick 20 minutes around the block, it'll do us both a world of good.

I have a good, non-scale victory to fess up to this morning too. When I got into work, I forgot that this morning was the kick-off of the United Way campaign here. One of my coworkers is the co-chair of this year's campaign and we'd all said that we'd go. The kick-off this year was a pancake and sausage breakfast, for $2 per person. When the first wave of folks went over, I stayed behind. I just didn't feel like I needed to subject myself to all that food, so early in the day, on the first day of my restart. About 30 minutes later, my really good office buddy came in, a little late, and didn't want to go over on her own. I sucked it up, went over with her, for moral support but didn't eat anything. I feel pretty good about that because, while I can take or leave sausage, I loves me a good pancake. So, go me!! I think I'm off to an excellent start already!!

No comments: