Sunday, October 03, 2004

update and shopping

So I actually remembered to get on the scale yesterday morning. It had been a couple of weeks since I'd weighed-in and I wasn't too happy with what I saw. The scale had moved but it was not in a direction that I like. To be honest though, I'm not entirely surprised. Over the past couple of weeks, my efforts have been hit and miss at best and I knew it.

Just to add salt to the wound, I decided that I had better get my butt to the shoppes and try to find some new clothes for work. I was able to find one pair of cords, a pair of dress pants and a pair of more casual pants as well as two pullovers and a blouse. I'm still into the same size I was last time I went shopping (although I did try on a couple of tops that were a size smaller than I normally wear -- I didn't like them but they did actually fit so that's something). My belly is still much bigger than I'd like it to be, hence the no change in the pants size. At any rate, I should be pleased to have found anything, remembering back to two years ago when I literally could not find anything locally that fit me so most of my clothes were being purchased via mail order. Finding a blouse that fit was a nice surprise too. It's been ages since I've been able to wear a top that wasn't a pullover. I tried on a few winter coats too but I just didn't like them and didn't want to spend that much money on outerwear when my current coat will do me for another year.

If nothing else, the weigh-in and the shopping trip have provided me with a renewed inspiration. I plan to lose some of my belly, very soon, so that my new pants will fit a little better than they do. I'd really like to be into a smaller pants size by new years. I want to be "shrinking girl" again, instead of "gains and loses the same 5 pounds girl." I don't like that girl as much as I liked shrinking girl. I miss shrinking girl so I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with her over the next few months.

No comments: